Monday, March 5, 2012

Feeling Better and Chemo Session Two

I've been feeling pretty good since about Tuesday of this past week. Feeling almost normal aside from the fact that I've lost over 40 pounds from this ordeal. That makes me feel a little week but for the most part I feel normal.

I have been able to eat better and swallow my food without any major obstruction. The pain I was feeling in my back and chest is gone as well. This is all a very good sign. To me it's an indication that the chemo is working and the tumor is shrinking.

I'm sure that my positive attitude and the help from all of my friends and family with their positive thoughts and prayers are a big contribution to my success in healing as well. I could not do it without you all. The love and support we have received is incredible. We are so very grateful for everything.

Today I'm back in the Chemo Lab. Session two starts today. I come in on Wednesday for pump disconnect and a fluid boost and they are giving me a steroid pill now to take so I'm thinking I'll be getting through this better this time and I'm not sick with a cold at the same time.

So now it's a matter of sitting here for the next 5 hours as the IV drips into my system. I have my laptop, my iPhone and a book to get me through the day.

Love and light to everybody. I'll keep you posted.

John


3 comments:

  1. You sound good! I'm so glad :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to add that I owe a lot of credit to Mary for helping me get through this. She's been trough it all and she comes and sits with me at the Chemo Lab. Today we did our own thing working on our business or I was absorbed in a Movie so we didn't talk much but it was still nice being together and having company.

    Thank you Mary

    ReplyDelete