Monday, February 27, 2012

Chemo Blahs


One week later I'm coming out of it. The last few days were miserable. One thing I had not expected as a side effect was the suppression of my Will. I had no desire to eat. the thought of food gave me nausea. I could not even get myself to drink water. For three days I could not do what I know I needed to do to get through this.  I lost interest in everything except laying there and sleeping. It kind of freaked me out a bit.

To top it off I've got a cold. Many have said to me "you can't afford to get sick now". I fully realize that but what can one do. Sometimes it's just unavoidable.

Today I called the cancer center and told them what was up. They had me come in for blood work which came back normal and gave me some antibiotics to fight off the chest cold. They also gave me a two and a half hour dose of fluids to get me hydrated and medicated in other ways.

At the moment I feel pretty close to normal other than I'd love to have a juicy burger (sorry vegans) but can't. I miss good food or something bad for you every once in a while. Tomorrow it's back to work to wade through the pile of orders I have to get out in the next few days. I'm sure I can do it as long as I can stay feeling good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Sorry to hear about your cold...sucks!!! Tis the season for the nasty bug :( I want you to know I've been thinking about you and sending positive vibes and strength. Sorry you have had some rough days. I know you are a strong man. Don't beat yourself up if you have a rough day, we all have them. You are going to have your good days and your bad. I want to catch up when all my craziness subsides. I think we were probably sleeping across the states at the same time. I have been run down and super tired, hence a Kidney Infection. Finally taking meds and healing now as well. I have a conference in Seattle this Fri &b Sat., then off to the beautiful state of MT till Thurs. for work. Big hug and much love, La Nae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, this blog still isn't working right for me. I logged in first and now this is saying this is an "unknown sender" weird!!! La Nae

      Delete