Thursday, February 16, 2012

Today I get my Chemo Port.

It's a little before 5 am and I can't get back to sleep. This is my usual wake up time but today, in about 4 hours, I go into surgery to get a port installed in my chest so they an hook me up to a chemo delivery device I wear for three days starting Monday.

After three days it gets disconnected and two weeks later I do the same thing repeated for two months. Then I go in to get scanned to see if there is improvement, which there will be.

I'll be drugged up but not totally out for this procedure. They say I won't have any memory of it. I have had other other procedures before where they use similar drugs. You go in then the next thing you know you are waking up in recovery.

Needless to say, I'm nervous about the whole thing. It's not something anyone would want to do unless they had to. Mary will be there waiting and my friends Michael and Deborah will be coming from Portland to meet me after I get done.

My surgery starts around 8:45 am so if you read this then I ask for your positive visualizations and prayers that all goes well.

Blessings, Love and Light

Namaste to you all.

:)

3 comments:

  1. We are ok, we are Borg - just kidding... about the Borg part. I am ok. Feels kind of weird having a port to connect. Too bad it's not USB to hook up to my iPhone music for direct feed.

    I'm glad that part is over. Lots of anxiety going in to be put under. All I remember is going into the OR then I woke up in recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got through that without any trouble. Thanks for putting this blog together JP, I think it's great. I have, and will continue to, visualize your well being and complete remission. Love and light brother.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete